The research service USI-SUPSI is a joint service of the Università della Svizzera italiana (USI) and of the University of Applied Sciences of Southern Switzerland (SUPSI). Its main objective is to provide support to researchers of both institutions when developing their research projects and to provide assistance to the organs of the University and SUPSI in planning and implementing research strategies. Working closely with the Department of Higher Education of the Canton Ticino, the research service USI-SUPSI helps to generate synergies and concerted efforts between the different bodies active in research.
In particular, the research service USI-SUPSI manages the following activities:
- Relaying of information about research funding sources and opportunities nationally and internationally
- Advising researchers and businesses wishing to participate in research programs of the European Union in the context of the Euresearch Swiss network
- Providing assistance to researchers seeking grant money and writing research projects in Switzerland (Swiss National Science Foundation, SNSF) and in the European Union (8th Framework Programme of the European Union, Horizon 2020)
- Training junior researchers on research funding channels and procedures, and on project management through lectures and seminars
- Supporting researchers in the administration of grants
- Managing the grant finances for USI, as well as for SNSF projects in the Italian-speaking part of Switzerland